Hello and Welcome to Dinnertain! I am very excited for you to join this journey with me. My name is Stacey Subject and I am the founder and creator of Dinnertain, a website and blog about entertaining. You are reading the first post of many to come on this site which I consider “a gathering place for those who love all things entertaining.”
If you love entertaining, love to be entertained or would love some help becoming the host or hostess you were always meant to be, then you’ve come to the right place. I LOVE to entertain. I love to gather with my friends and family. I love to brainstorm ideas for how I’m going to make the gathering special. I love the moment when everything is bought, put together, cooked, baked, hung, lit and chilled and the doorbell rings with that first guest. But my all time favorite thing to do in life, the time when I am most “in the zone” ever, is when I’m setting up, particularly setting up a tablescape. It’s like I enter another world and with my own two hands, I watch something beautiful manifest in from of my eyes, something that I know others will love and appreciate too. You don’t have to be on the same gushy level as me to enjoy Dinnertain, but I hope you feel reassured that my passion will be the source of what’s to come. So what is to come?
Entertaining With Dinnertain
At Dinnertain you will find original, curated and inspirational content all centered around entertaining. This includes tried & tested recipes, DIY party decor, tips on how to host the perfect dinner party (wink wink for our namesake), shopping recommendations on where to find the best party-wear and so much inspiration you will want to host a gathering every week. You can already find some on our Pinterest page and Instagram pages.
Most importantly we wish to instill our values and beliefs around entertaining. So, for this first post, I will leave you with that.
- We believe in making things with your own two hands.
- We believe in leaving your own personal touch on that which you create.
- We believe in finding ways to make ordinary things special.
- We believe in creating and maintaining traditions.
- We believe in sharing sensory experiences with friends and family
- We believe in showing love through thoughtful effort.
- We believe in doing these things without breaking the bank.
- We believe that doing all of these things should be fun and never stressful.